Thursday, November 13, 2008

Career Day

Today I had the opportunity to present 4 twenty minute sessions as part of Case Middle School's Career Day. I had a great time and wished for more time with the students. I spoke to them about being a dance teacher, a business owner, and the other performance related careers for people to also consider. We tried to do a little hip hop too and often ran out of time...oh well! I want to thank one of our dance parents, Carla VanWormer, for inviting me to be a part of this event. A lot of time, effot, and energy goes into putting something like this together - especially if it's a first time venture - believe me, I know. If the interest is sparked in one student to continue their education, stay in school, etc. then it will have been a success! Thank you Carla for caring about kids!! Next week I'll be teaching an after school session at IHC - check back for info. on that! :)